Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

What file do I need to #include to enable the jamStub.c file to compile in my quest to port the jam Player SW into my embedded system? What file do I need to #include to complete the build?

rbris
Beginner

I am trying to port the Jam Player I downloaded from www.jamisp.com to our system's embedded processor. 

I edited the #define to EMBEDDED (as instructed in AN 122).  But, when I build the project, jamStub.c does not compile.  The reason is that I am missing about 20 I/O related functions, such as read(), write(), fprintf().  These are all functions that probably should be in stdio.h, but are not.  Where are these functions defined?  I have looked for them but cannot find any.  I assume they are in a file, but I don't know the file name.  What #include am I missing?  Where can I find these files?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

​Hi rbris,

You can find the old Altera JAM STAPL player source code from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/programming/...

Regards,

Nooraini

rbris
Beginner
Nooraini, Thanks so much. I will fetch the JAM STAPL player from the link you gave me and get back to you if I still have a problem building the code. Best regards, RABrisk
rbris
Beginner
Nooraini, Thank you for your email with its URL. I downloaded the files from the URL you sent me. I followed the ReadMe instructions (as before) then created a project using the .C files from the download. (NOTE: There are only 4 “.C” files in the files I downloaded from your URL. There were 12 in the other download). I changed the PORT from WINDOWS to EMBEDDED. I commented out those .H files that the build complained it could not open. I built the project. Eventually, the build got down to exactly the same result as the other code I downloaded. Both builds have 3 errors and 33 warnings that I need to eliminate to achieve a successful build. The issues are: o Error[Pe020]: identifier "FILE" is undefined C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 866 o Error[Pe020]: identifier "fp" is undefined C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 866 o Error[Pe070]: incomplete type is not allowed C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 867 o Warning[Pe223]: function "fprintf" declared implicitly C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 885 o . . . o Warning[Pe223]: function "fopen" declared implicitly C:\JAM STAPL player jbi22\jbi_22\code\JBISTUB.C 1051 o etc. . . . So, my question remains the same. Where do I get the functions and definitions required to eliminate the remaining 3 errors and 33 warnings? Best regards, RABrisk
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Base on this URL link www.jamisp.com, I don't think this link is part of Intel(Altera) page. Thus any files or software tools posted from this link is not supported by Intel (Altera). I couldn't even access this link www.jamisp.com as it keep timing out.

All the require files are already in published the Altera JAM STAPL player source code from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/programming/...

As you can observe from the table the Jam STAPL Byte-Code Compiler v2.4 is the last version from year 2005. There are no other updated version as theses software are mature and consider EOL.

Regards,

Nooraini