Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

What is an LVDS board and what does it do?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Trying to isolate a fault between a logic board and LVDS board, need to know what function an LVDS board performs? Anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't konw

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Trying to isolate a fault between a logic board and LVDS board, need to know what function an LVDS board performs? Anyone help me please? 

--- Quote End ---  

It would help if you could post a link or some details on the LVDS board. 

If the board contains only level translators, then its probably just converting from single-ended LVCMOS to LVDS. 

To debug the problem, use a scope and generate toggles on each of your single-ended signals. Follow the traces to the LVDS board, and see if the outputs are toggling. 

If the outputs are failing in groups, check the output-enables on the LVDS buffers. I use parts from National Semiconductor that are 9-bit LVDS level translators, and that is one failure I have seen. I've also seen inputs, outputs, or just one side of the output LVDS pair not being driven due to bad solder joints. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos