Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

What's the size of my nios application?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have a nios system in a BeMicroMAX10 and I'm using Quartus II web v15.02. I have "Reduced device drivers" and "Small C library" checked in the BSP properties. Quartus reports, in the summary after compilation: "Total memory bits 174080/387072 (45%)". This is ,I assume, for the 20KB I set the on-chip ram to in Qsys. My main.c file is very simple as I'm learning this.  

Where do I find the size of the on-chip ram for main.c or the software application? There is a summary.html but I can see the info there. 

BTW I'm using Single uncompressed image with memory initial... and programming the pof to CFM0. I have no flash ip in my qsys system. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you can find the elf file, you can run nios2-stackreport to look at the total program size.  

Example: 

$ nios2-stackreport *elf 

Info: (core.elf) 269 KBytes program size (code + initialized data). 

Info: 23 KBytes free for stack + heap. 

The above shown that the program size takes up 269 KBytes and I have 23KBytes remainder for stack + heap.
0 Kudos