Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

What's the size of my nios application?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have a nios system in a BeMicroMAX10 and I'm using Quartus II web v15.02. I have "Reduced device drivers" and "Small C library" checked in the BSP properties. Quartus reports, in the summary after compilation: "Total memory bits 174080/387072 (45%)". This is ,I assume, for the 20KB I set the on-chip ram to in Qsys. My main.c file is very simple as I'm learning this.  

Where do I find the size of the on-chip ram for main.c or the software application? There is a summary.html but I can see the info there. 

BTW I'm using Single uncompressed image with memory initial... and programming the pof to CFM0. I have no flash ip in my qsys system. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you can find the elf file, you can run nios2-stackreport to look at the total program size.  

Example: 

$ nios2-stackreport *elf 

Info: (core.elf) 269 KBytes program size (code + initialized data). 

Info: 23 KBytes free for stack + heap. 

The above shown that the program size takes up 269 KBytes and I have 23KBytes remainder for stack + heap.