Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

When workign with BSP on NIOS 2, Eclipse's tool hangs indefinately

David15
Beginner

Whenever I try to Generate BSP or access the BSP editor on a NIOS II project (Quartus 20.1 on Debian 10 running in a QEMU VM on an Arch Linux host), it simply sits at the loading stage indefinitely. I have the NIOS II circuit flashed to my FPGA (which also proves that USB forwarding is working), yet it does not work as it should. See the attachment for the screen that it hangs on when Generate BSP is called. Note that the window remains resizable, etc. it just doesn't move on from this screen.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @David15,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
Quick clarification, did you managed to open/create new bsp files in the BSP editor? And the hangs is after or before?
As for the screenshot of the error mention, is that happening within the BSP editor window?

Would suggest to try an alternative which is to generate the BSP via NIOS terminal command, just to check if there is anything potential issues with the project.

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
DiBosco
Novice

Try looking at this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65240134/nios-ii-ide-unsuably-slow/65713986#65713986

Carefully follow the instructions that the reply indicates, including running Eclipse from the command line with --clean option. This helped a lot on Linux.

Welcome to a world of pain you never thought possible with Altera and Eclipse.

BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @David15,

Good day, unfortunately as we do not receive any response, we would assume that the problem are fixed.
Hence will be transitioning this to community support. If that is not the case please feel free to reopen this thread or open a new one and we would be with you.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
pfresch
Beginner

The fix worked for me (RHEL 7 Workstation with Intel Quartus Prime Standard Ed. 20.1.1) 

0 Kudos