Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

Where does the "Includes" path come from in my project?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Where does this include path come from? See image. I find this path listed in two places in my project (called BareMetalBoot-GNU): 

In the workspace folder, then .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.core, in a file called BareMetalBoot-GNU.1441051362345.pdom 

It is in there many times. 

In the workspace folder, then .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.make.core, in a file called BareMetalBoot-GNU.sc 

It was only in there twice and looked like a possible choice, there were two lines like: 

<includePath path="C:/altera/15.0/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include"/> 

I deleted both of them and restarted my project. The "Includes" line did not appear in my project, but then I built the project and it reappeared just like before. 

[As an aside, how can I find what this file is used for, the .sc file. I don't find this on the internet.] 

I don't want the path there because I want to instead copy those HwLibs files to my project. I don't know if this is the right thing to do, but cannot find any documentation about the subject. It's not working as it is. 

I do not see it in my project settings, so where is it getting this path? 

Thanks 

Ron 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11081&stc=1
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

did you tried to remove the both# include line from the all available source files?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

did you tried to remove the both# include line from the all available source files? 

--- Quote End ---  

My code does not include that file anywhere, if that's what you are asking. I don't know what you mean by 'both'. 

Ron