Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12420 Discussions

Where to connect custom Avalon-MM Slave avalon_slave bus in Qsys?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've developed a custom Avalon-MM Slave and added it to my Qsys design. I need to access the custom avalon slave from the HPS so I need a master that can communicate with it. I believe the HPS is a master so can I just connect the avalon slave of the custom slave to the h2f_lw_axi_master or the h2f_axi_master interface of the hps qsys component, on the assumption that Quartus will automatically implement the master interface? If not, where should I connect my avalon_slave interface? 

What's confusing me is that the golden reference designs generally use something like a JTAG to Avalon Master Bridge to communicate with the avalon slaves but I think this just allows testing of the avalon slaves via the JTAG port, which I don't want to do.
0 Kudos
0 Replies