Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

While debugging with the hardware connected ,the below error pops up and debugging halts... Any solution available for this issue? Downloading ELF file failed "

SKuma120
Novice

While debugging with the hardware connected in eclipse, the below error pops up and debugging halts... Any solution available for this issue ?

"Downloading ELF file failed "

/cygdrive/c/intelfpga_lite/18.0/nios2eds/bin/nios2-download: line 559: nios2-gdb-server: command not found.

Dowloading the JIC file with Quartus IDE works properly. So no issues with the hardware connected.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Did you checked the JTAG connection cable first, then download the sof file so the Eclips can see the NIOS II processor on hardware? and the JTAG switch setup (if applicable) If yes, I recommend to check the JTAG frequency open the cmmand shell and write From here you can know how to change the JTAg frequency: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd06242013_922.html Regards.
0 Kudos
SKuma120
Novice

Thanks for the response.😊

Actually in my installation directory nios2-gdb-server.exe file went missing after i try to debug application in my PC. Now it shows new error " .gdbinit: No such file or directory." Again if i try to build my application program it will not compile properly and elf wont be generated showing some new errors in application.

The same hardware set including usb blaster is working in other PC with same version of Quartus software 18.0 and same application software.

I tried reinstalling the quartus twice but it did not help.

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
If it is working on another PC this means that it is a connection problem, please check the connection (cable and connectivity). Can you see the devices in the JTAG chain?
0 Kudos