Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

Who have the code of Scatter-Gather DMA?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I meet a lot of problems of Scatter-Gather DMA,i do not have the example of Scatter-Gather DMA.it is very hard to make it.some one who have the code of Scatter-Gather DMA please upload it. 

thanks in advance
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Here you go: http://www.altera.com/support/examples/nios2/exm-scatter-gather-dma.html 

There will be a new "Modular SGDMA" that will be posted up on the Nios II design examples page shortly. It doesn't use descriptor fetching and as a result is much easier to use in my opinion. If you want to take a look at it send me a message with your email address and I'll forward it to you. This is the Modular SGDMA feature list that isn't present in the SGDMA today: 

• Up to 4GB transfer lengths 

• ST-->MM early termination (packet length limiting) 

• Interrupts per descriptor 

• MM-->ST error signal 

• Burst boundary re-alignment 

• Park mode built into the descriptor (makes frame buffering easy) 

• Descriptor sequence numbering (tag the descriptors then readback from the SGDMA to find out which descriptor the read and write masters are working on) 

• Descriptor programmable burst 

• Descriptor stride (address increment for fixed/interleaved data) 

• Data widths up to 1024 bits 

• Independent reads and writes (i.e. descriptors are dual buffered so the write master does not block the read master from starting up again) 

• Burst lengths up to 1024 beats 

• User selectable data/descriptor FIFO depths
-JCJB
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you for your suggestion,but i want to learn the descriptor to control the SGDMA,so i wish you give me an example of the SGDAM. 

my mailbox address is: 

li_polaris_1988@yahoo.cn 

thank you very much
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

this link is not available. please re-update link.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It was moved to the alterawiki. If you search for "modular SGDMA" on the wiki it should bring you to the correct page.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos