Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

Why is it so difficult to purchase an IP license for Nios II/f?

JBurl
Beginner

There are many links describing the virtues and supoort info for using Nios processors but I need to get a license. The time-limited option is useless to me since I need to create an RBF file, whcih cannot be done with a time-limited SOF file.

I cant find a web page to purchase a license and phone numbers are never available so I am at a loss for how to move ahead.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

You must obtain a full license for the Intel FPGA IP to generate programming files that you may use for an unlimited time. To obtain a license file, visit the Self-Service Licensing Center or contact your local Intel FPGA representative.

Please check below link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/intellectual-property/design/q_and_a.h...

If still your facing problem let me know.

Regards

Anand