Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

a question of download

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Assume there are helloworld.c uart.c receive.c and so on.Now,I want to download them to flash,how to do it?Begin,I think I can only download a .srec to flash.In the end ,I found It can download several *.srec to flash.How to do it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Need a little more info. 

If you're using NIOS II they have provided a flash programmer in the new IDE. If you use NIOS I then someone here can give you a hand (never don't it myself).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by badomen@Aug 19 2004, 06:48 AM 

need a little more info. 

if you're using nios ii they have provided a flash programmer in the new ide.  if you use nios i then someone here can give you a hand (never don't it myself). 

--- Quote End ---  

I use NIOS I,please give me the more information.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

On the altera site I think there is a flash "bootloader" document. That should give you a pretty good idea of how to do it.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It sounds like those three .c files are all part of one project correct? When they are built using nios-build in the Nios SDK, it should create one .srec file that represents the entire program, say for instance hello_world_complete.srec. Using the srec2flash utility you can convert that .srec to a .flash file. Running nios-run on the resulting .flash file programs it into flash. The GERMS monitor running on Nios handles all the flash programming details.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It sounds like those three .c files are all part of one project correct? Yes ,It is.When they are built using nios-build in the Nios SDK, it should create one .srec file that represents the entire program, say for instance hello_world_complete.srec. Why it should create one .srec file that represents the entire program.I don't think so.I mean how to download several .flash files to the ext_flash.Let me see a flash "bootloader" document on the altera web site.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Not sure what that was about. 

Have you searched this forum yet (downloading to flash is a common topic here)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have searched on this forum.But I did not get any useful information.If you know how to do it?Please give me a hand? 

Good luck and godspeed.
0 Kudos