Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12452 Discussions

added new source to bsp, undefined reference in nios eclipse

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Im on day 3 of my altera/nios/qsys/eclipse adventure 

Ive generated an altera avalon spi/nios within qsys and have it working well. its 8 bits by default and i wanted to change that to 16 or 32 bits wide. I created copies of the altera_avalon_sp.h and altera_avalon_spi.c files (with an _32wide suffix) and saved them in the same location as the original files. I made my changes (alt_u8 to alt_u32 types), updated the .h file name in the .c source and saved everything. 

I went to compile the top level source (helloworld_spi.c) and got an undefined reference to my new function. 

I have tried to regenerate the bsp files, added the -lm to the nios application properties, and tried rebuilding the bsp, app project and everything that i can think of. 

Can anyone help? Im an admitted newb, but i have to start somewhere... 

thanks for all your help! 

heres the error: 

[BSP build complete] 

Info: Linking helloWorld_spi.elf 

nios2-elf-g++ -lm -T'../helloWorld_spi_bsp//linker.x' -msys-crt0='../helloWorld_spi_bsp//obj/HAL/src/crt0.o' -msys-lib=hal_bsp -L../helloWorld_spi_bsp/ -Wl,-Map=helloWorld_spi.map -O0 -g -Wall -mno-hw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -o helloWorld_spi.elf obj/default/hello_world.o -lm  

obj/default/hello_world.o: In function `main': 

C:\Users\...\Desktop\jksSPI_V1\software\helloWorld_spi/hello_world.c:70: undefined reference to `alt_avalon_spi_command_32wide' 

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status 

make: *** [helloWorld_spi.elf] Error 1 

**** Build Finished ****
0 Kudos
0 Replies