Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12455 Discussions

arria II development board TSE configuration

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I am quite new here. I am trying to run iniche tcpip stack on the provided Ethernet port(altera TSE MAC connected to Marvell PHY though RGMII). I have enabled MDIO in TSE MAC. 

Everything building fine, I download the firmware, without any NIOS application running, none of the LED is on(there are 1000/100/10 indicate LED is directly connected to Marvell PHY :( ) 

When I load the software, it stuck at the tse_mac_init, it seems the initilization found the phy on each single address :( and could not identify any of them,(there is only one PHY in the system) 

[tse_mac_init] 

INFO : TSE MAC 0 found at address 0x09002000 

WARNING : Unknown PHY found at PHY address 0x00 of MAC Group[0] 

WARNING : Please add PHY information to PHY profile 

INFO : PHY[0.0] - Automatically mapped to tse_mac_device[0] 

INFO : PHY[0.0] - Restart Auto-Negotiation, checking PHY link... 

INFO : PHY[0.0] - Auto-Negotiation PASSED 

MARVELL : Mode changed to RGMII/Modified MII to Copper mode 

MARVELL : Enable RGMII Timing Control 

MARVELL : PHY reset 

WARNING : Unknown PHY found at PHY address 0x01 of MAC Group[0] 

WARNING : PHY[0.X] - Mapping of PHY to MAC failed! Make sure the PHY address is defined correctly in tse_mac_device[] structure, and number of PHYs connected is equivalent to number of channel 

WARNING : Unknown PHY found at PHY address 0x02 of MAC Group[0] 

WARNING : PHY[0.X] - Mapping of PHY to MAC failed! Make sure the PHY address is defined correctly in tse_mac_device[] structure, and number of PHYs connected is equivalent to number of channel 

WARNING : Unknown PHY found at PHY address 0x03 of MAC Group[0] 

The Qsys design is quite similar to the reference design from altera net, 2 sg-DMA conneted to PHY use a dedicated two port RAM memory as descriptoer memory.use a bridge connected the rest of the MM slave. and uses the master clock which is 100M Hz 

the top level connection is: 

-- Ethernet 

ethernet_rgmii_in => Rgmii_in, 

ethernet_rgmii_out => Rgmii_out,  

ethernet_rx_control => Rgmii_rx_ctl,  

ethernet_tx_control => Rgmii_tx_ctl, 

ethernet_tx_clk => Rgmii_tx_clk, 

ethernet_rx_clk => Rgmii_rx_clk,  

-- -- -- -- 

-- MDIO 

ethernet_mdio_out => mdio_out, 

ethernet_mdio_oen => mdio_oen, 

ethernet_mdio_in => ENET_MDIO, 

ethernet_mdc => ENET_MDC  

Apart from mdio_out and mdio_oen(two internal signals, the rest is dirrect connected to FPGA Pins) 

the defind of MDIO out is: 

ENET_MDIO <= mdio_out when (mdio_oen = '0') else ('Z'); 

ENET_Phy_Rst_n is permenant set to '1', I have tried '0' it makes no different. 

Any silly mistake I have made? Thanks for your help in advance.
0 Kudos
0 Replies