Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

avalon bus Question

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello every body; 

I want to know how the nios deals with the avalon compatible custom component signals, or how it controls the read/write and clk/reset signals, this to adapt my custom component, 

There are any pdf please; 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Nios II just issues memory reads or writes. It follows the master portion of the Avalon-MM specification so as long as the slave being accessed follows the Avalon-MM slave specification you don't have to worry about how the transactions progress through the interconnect. Since you are designing a custom component I recommend becoming familiar with the Avalon-MM specification as well as the Avalon-MM bus functional models (BFMs) so that you can validate your custom logic operates correctly within spec.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II