Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

avalon mm DMA data sheet

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am new in altera platform. I was reading the DMA functionalities. I read data sheet available for SG DMA and nirmal DMA controller, but I could not find few basic specification of DMA like their throughput and Clock-wise description of each signal. IS there any other datasheet available for those DMA?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Chapters 25 and 26 of this document https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_embedded_ip.pdf describe SG and regular DMA core provided by Altera. 

- Evgeni
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for giving the document, but still I could not find and diagram for clock wise description of each signal of DMA

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Those signals are standard Avalon-MM bus. Look at the section "The Master Read and Write Ports" on page 26-3. It points to the Avalon bus interface specification.