Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

best look up table implementation in C

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all, 

I am doing a project that required to have a look up table for my C programming coding, i read there are several tutorial that i could refer but wish to seek for the best code efficient usage, any tips?  

BR, Ray
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey, you can implement this with a set of arrays...just make this simple as possible. 

check this out  

"http://www.edaboard.com/thread178540.html"
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

did you manage to try out? you can either just print out the data for checking or use a debug to view those variable create..

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yeap, initial testing looks good.... any way to optimize this to use lower memory? I'm using a MAX 10 here,,, limited resources.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

how huge is your looks up table? I believe still able to fit in your MAX10.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You may check this 

Code: 

# define NUMBER_OF_ROWS 5 # define NUMBER_OF_COLS 4 static int myArray = { {5, 10, 15, 20}, {12, 10, 8, 8}, {24, 22, 20, 18}, {34, 32, 30, 29}, {46, 43, 43, 43} }; void main(void) { int i, j; printf("\n The contents of myArray are:\n"); for (i = 0; i < NUMBER_OF_ROWS; i++) { for(j = 0; j < NUMBER_OF_COLS; j++) printf("%5d", myArray); printf("\n"); } }  

But, since your rows and colums are not in sequence, so you may have either full lookup table (10 rows, 20 colums) or you need to divide your X and Y by specific value (rows divide by 2, colums divide by 5) to access the table
0 Kudos