Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

bin2flash help

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to program a binary file to epcs serial flash. However using the flash programmer, i get an error. The error message isn't very detailed, and just provides an error code. Does anyone know where I can get more information regarding what the error codes mean? 

bin2flash --input="C:/Documents and Settings/nsatyanarayana/My Documents/Nishanth/GPS-DTI Antenna/test.bin" --output="C:/src/GPS_DTI_Antenna/New_Board_Test2/flash/test_epcs_flash_controller.flash" --location=0x0 --verbose  

Error: Error code: 2 for command: nios2eds/bin/bin2flash --input="C:/Documents and Settings/nsatyanarayana/My Documents/Nishanth/GPS-DTI Antenna/test.bin" --output="C:/src/GPS_DTI_Antenna/New_Board_Test2/flash/test_epcs_flash_controller.flash" --location=0x0 --verbose
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi 

1 - are u at nios2 command shell ? 

2 - do you set the PATH to perl or perl5 ? 

i use elf2flash and i use elf2flash --base="yourbaseadd" --epcs --input="file" --boot="bootfile" --reset="cpureset" --output="outfile" 

good luck 

Franz Wagner
0 Kudos