Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

bin2flash help

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to program a binary file to epcs serial flash. However using the flash programmer, i get an error. The error message isn't very detailed, and just provides an error code. Does anyone know where I can get more information regarding what the error codes mean? 

bin2flash --input="C:/Documents and Settings/nsatyanarayana/My Documents/Nishanth/GPS-DTI Antenna/test.bin" --output="C:/src/GPS_DTI_Antenna/New_Board_Test2/flash/test_epcs_flash_controller.flash" --location=0x0 --verbose  

Error: Error code: 2 for command: nios2eds/bin/bin2flash --input="C:/Documents and Settings/nsatyanarayana/My Documents/Nishanth/GPS-DTI Antenna/test.bin" --output="C:/src/GPS_DTI_Antenna/New_Board_Test2/flash/test_epcs_flash_controller.flash" --location=0x0 --verbose
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi 

1 - are u at nios2 command shell ? 

2 - do you set the PATH to perl or perl5 ? 

i use elf2flash and i use elf2flash --base="yourbaseadd" --epcs --input="file" --boot="bootfile" --reset="cpureset" --output="outfile" 

good luck 

Franz Wagner