Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12367 Discussions

build uclinux-dist 20070130 make romfs microwin failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I can find this post of hippo at link : http://hi.baidu.com/61led/blog/item/bf58210aa9a2443ae824887a.html 

i used uclinux-dist-20070130 and file pạtch uClinux-dist-20070130-nios2-02.diff.gz 

followed this instruction in above link 

* when i selected default setting in make menuconfig, run "make romfs", "make", "make linux image", the zimage build successful. But i saw the folder of romfs/bin have no file. I can't understand which step is wrong 

When i download and boot, the kernel can't boot and get this error 

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block 

*when i select microwin in menuconfig, and "make romfs" get this error: 

cp:cannot stat `nano-X' : No such file or directory 

"make" get this error: 

No rule to make target `-libjpeg', needed by 'uClinux-dist/user/microwin/src/bin/nano-X 

The folder user/microwin/src/bin have 1 file "convbdf", no more another file
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I don't have the solution to your problem, but if you make a mistake while modifying some files in the uClinux-dist folder and then get an error. The best solution is to remove this folder then take the original one from the 20070130.tar . Copy it into your nios2-linux folder and then do $ git pull in the copied folder. 

The nios2-linux folder must be under home/yourname/ otherwise the git update can fail. 

Don't forget to create folder backup ! I hope it will help you !:)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Who can help you to fix problem? 

with default config i build and boot successfull 

but i selected microwin got this error: 

No rule to make target `-libjpeg', needed by 'uClinux-dist/user/microwin/src/bin/nano-X