Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

building project problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi: 

I followed the steps of the document "ecos of niosII" from step 6.1 to 6.3 ,and they are right. when I went to step 7: using IDE , I did according the document and set the "make INSTALL_DIR=/cygdrive/f/etest/test_install" ( f/etest/test_install is the directoy of the ecos project), when I choose the command "build project", the process is stopped because of the belown errors: 

make INSTALL_DIR=/cygdrive/f/etest/test_install all  

make: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop.  

the tools of me are: 

QII5.0, nios5.0 b73c, ecos5nios5  

who can help me? 

thks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It looks like you haven't created the project in the correct directory. The project directory should contain a makefile (like the one provided in the examples directory).

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi monkey: 

I tried it again according to you but the result is same and failure, there was my steps: 

1)nios2configtool --ptf=/.././../std_1c20.ptf --cpu=cpu and start the config diag. 

2)choose the template "altera niosII board" and set "startup"=>"ROMRAM" ,SAVE the pjoject:" test" in the directory "h:/etest"  

3)build->library 

the building finished and no erro. 

4)I copy all the files in the directory " /../../ecos_current/examples " to the " h:/etest" 

5)change to the directory :cd h:/etest 

6)in the directory , make INSTALL_DIR=/cygdrive/h/etest/test_install ,and the procedure is successful and a serials of *.o files were created. 

7) "start=>program=>altera=>niosII IDE" 

8)file=>new=>project 

9) append "altera niosII " and choose "Advanced c/c++ Project" ,then click next 

10)filled the niosII project 's name is: hello_ecos ,and unselect "use the default location" ,settintg it to "h:/etest" , which is the directory of the "ecos build project" 

11)click next ,choose "maker builder" ,in the build command set "make INSTALL_DIR=/cygdrive/h/etest/test_install" and others did not change. 

12)click "finish" 

13)right click the niosii project "hello_ecos" and choose "build project" ,then the result is appear 

make INSTALL_DIR=/cygdrive/h/etest/test_install all  

make: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. 

why wrong is it ?  

I am crazy and the deadline is going. Can you or others help me?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I can't see what the problem is here, unless you've accidentally deleted the "all" target from your makefile. 

If you have a tight deadline, then you are probably best sticking with the command line build - since that seems to be working for you.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi: 

the following is all context of my make file: 

# Mostly written by Jonathan Larmour, Red Hat, Inc.# Reference to ecos.mak added by John Dallaway, eCosCentric Limited, 2003-01-20# This file is in the public domain and may be used for any purpose 

# Usage: make INSTALL_DIR=/path/to/ecos/install 

INSTALL_DIR=$$(INSTALL_DIR)# override on make command line 

include $(INSTALL_DIR)/include/pkgconf/ecos.mak 

XCC = $(ECOS_COMMAND_PREFIX)gcc 

XCXX = $(XCC) 

XLD = $(XCC) 

CFLAGS = -I$(INSTALL_DIR)/include 

CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) 

LDFLAGS = -nostartfiles -L$(INSTALL_DIR)/lib -Ttarget.ld 

# RULES 

.PHONY: all clean 

all: hello twothreads simple-alarm serial 

clean: 

-rm -f hello hello.o twothreads twothreads.o 

-rm -f simple-alarm simple-alarm.o serial serial.o 

-rm -f instrument-test instrument-test.o 

%.o: %.c 

$(XCC) -c -o $*.o $(CFLAGS) $(ECOS_GLOBAL_CFLAGS) $< 

%.o: %.cxx 

$(XCXX) -c -o $*.o $(CXXFLAGS) $(ECOS_GLOBAL_CFLAGS) $< 

%.o: %.C 

%.o: %.cc 

hello: hello.o 

$(XLD) $(LDFLAGS) $(ECOS_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS) -o $@ $@.o 

twothreads: twothreads.o 

simple-alarm: simple-alarm.o 

serial: serial.o 

instrument-test: instrument-test.o 

meanwhile ,which is copy from the directory /../ecos_current /examples/ ,I think it is not wrong. are you think so? 

another question:what is the different workbetween the " program_flash" ultity and "using IDE DEbug" , and if I success to program the flash by using "program_flash" ,I needn&#39;t use "using IDE DEBUG" the ecos design?
0 Kudos