Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

can max10 use outside flash as configure flash?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

max10 has internal flash, but i think it may not big enough for some applications 

so can max10 use external flash as configure flash? 

how can i make the connections?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you really mean external configuration flash? The internal -configuration- flash will be big enough to hold any possible configuration of the Max10 logic. If you want more -user- flash then sure, you can add an external SPI, I2C, or NOR flash as much as you like, you'll just have to write some logic to talk to it from your application.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes, i mean the external configuration flash. 

i think the internal -configuration- flash will be big enough to hold any possible configuration of the Max10 logic, but in nois system 

the flash has to storage both logic configuration file and soft configuration file. 

i wonder if the internal -configuration- flash is big enough in this condition. 

thanks!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

By "soft configuration file" you mean the code that the Nios will run? I don't have much experience with Nios on small devices like this, but as far as I know you can use an external flash to store the Nios software. Someone else will need to confirm this.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can someone give me more advice? 

thanks!
0 Kudos