Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

cannot create bsp in Eclipse for Quartus 13.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just installed Quartus 13.0, and now I cannot create a Board Support Package from within Eclipse (right-click, New->Nios II Board Support Package). I get the error dialog shown below ("Failed to query available BSP types Reason: com/altera/utilities/csv/CSVParser"). A coworker also installed Quartus 13.0 and gets the same error. Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. 

ps New to this forum... anyone know why I can't upload a PNG image (says it's an invalid file), and when I insert a GIF or JPG the image is too small to be readable, at least within the editor?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Same problem here on three machines I have installed 13.0 on. I hope someone has the answer.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Same problem here on three machines I have installed 13.0 on. I hope someone has the answer. 

--- Quote End ---  

I filed a service request and received the following reply: 

"There is a bug in the GUI for the bsp creation page for Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse in ACDS 13.0. The bug is currently planned to be fixed in 13.1. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this bug. 

As a workaround for this issue, instead of choosing New->Nios II Board Support Package, choose the option New -> Nios II Application and BSP from Template. Select the template Hello World if you would like to have Altera HAL as the Operation System, else select Hello MicroC/OS-II if you would like to include the MicroC/OS-II RTOS. Please note that you should not click "Next", so that you won't be directed to the bsp page which has bug. Click finish after you have filled in the required information. The bsp project created will be automatically named as <application project name you specify>_bsp. You may delete the application project later if it is not needed."
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I filed a service request and received the following reply: 

"There is a bug in the GUI for the bsp creation page for Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse in ACDS 13.0. The bug is currently planned to be fixed in 13.1. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this bug. 

As a workaround for this issue, instead of choosing New->Nios II Board Support Package, choose the option New -> Nios II Application and BSP from Template. Select the template Hello World if you would like to have Altera HAL as the Operation System, else select Hello MicroC/OS-II if you would like to include the MicroC/OS-II RTOS. Please note that you should not click "Next", so that you won't be directed to the bsp page which has bug. Click finish after you have filled in the required information. The bsp project created will be automatically named as <application project name you specify>_bsp. You may delete the application project later if it is not needed." 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for posting their response. This is what I ended up doing to get past this problem.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for posting the solution. I came across the same problem, and can solve it with the solution provided. 

I am using Quartus 13.0.1.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I used the hello words , error appeared so the building of project didn't complete, any help?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

maybe is time for 15.1. I guess this had been repaired.

0 Kudos