Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

change link address

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Bonjour 

I have a nioII/e in a cycloneIII+EPCS4 with only internal memory , an uart , a PIO and no debugger . It is run and I can dialog with the Uart , all is OK. But I must to compile with Quartus and program the EPCS4 to check new code... I have write a loop whitch can download a .HEX file in the memory. I would like to compile ( new project ), download and run code in the internal memory. How can I manage Eclipse to use the same BSP and link to a other adress (ex:0x2000) without reset and stack init ( no crt0.S or myCrt0.S). 

I use QuartusII 12.1 and NiosII 12.1  

thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have found in linker.x  

If we change reset ORIGINE and memory ORIGINE we obtain the code at the desired address ... 

For the proper hex file, modify mem_init.mk . At the command line to the creation of the HEX file add the option --no-zero-fill