Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

compactflash test

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I use the compactflash test code on the forum 

the main function first calls " IDE_initialize()"  

but when the programme run to  

"/* Enable IDE interrupts */ 

alt_irq_register(ide_irq, 0, IDETrapHandler); 

IOWR_ALTERA_AVALON_CF_IDE_CTL(ctl_base, ALTERA_AVALON_CF_IDE_CTL_IRQ_EN_MSK);" 

latter code seems masked ,and the programme come to a close,seem to the end. 

but when i use "ctl_irq" instead of"ide_irq" 

the programme can run the latter code .
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

and i want to ask 

the bsy bit of status register is setted 0 by the compactflash card automatically when the compactflash card is leisure?????
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello liuxiaoping, 

The behavior of the bsy bit should be discussed in the CompactFlash Association specification for CF cards; this operation occurs in the card and not in the (small) amount of FPGA logic that is used to communicate with the card. For my compact flash work, I obtained the specification directly from the source: http://www.compactflash.org/ (http://www.compactflash.org/

About your question on the driver code: The initialization code should, when a card is inserted into the board, install interrupts for both control (ctl) and IDE (ide) slaves; if the IDE interrupt (ide_ieq) is not installed, the software will not function normally... so I think your modification is just masking a problem with the IDE interrupt not behaving correctly.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you! 

now,I am using quartus 4.2 and the up3 board,the operating system is MicroC/OS-II  

I use the compactflash core from the quartus 5.0 

can it backs up quartus 4.2?? 

I want to you can give me a small code to test the compactflash. 

email: wjbzl@hotmail.com
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

The CF core from 5.0 should work with other versions of Quartus, there is nothing very special about it. However, you will need to carefully assign pins and ensure that the electrical interface to the card is correct. There is some test software you can download in the "Tested IP" area of this forum. This includes CF test/diagnostic software (runs without OS) and some hardware example designs for Altera Nios development boards.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

now ,i am using the code in the "Tested IP" area of this forum 

execute the code , phenomenon above appears  

the problem maybe come along the "idetarphandler" 

and i find ,the compactflash core or other things only back up ASCII code 

or appears confused code.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

because the up3 don't have the slot between compactflash and the board 

so I choose I/0 expanding according to the manual of the board and compactflash 

I use the MicroC/OS-II,can it affect the test code?????
0 Kudos