Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

compiler error in application

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I create a new NIOS II Application and BSP from Template “Hello MicroC/OS-II” (NIOS 12.0 SP2 system). I add the altera_iniche software packages in the BSP editor and checked in the make tab the define for cc: “nios2-elf-gcc -xc “. After that the BSP was generated and the BSP build successfully completed with the nios2-elf-gcc compiler.  

A soon as I do compiling the application project its fails, because the IDE uses a compiler “ppc_4xxFP-gcc”. 

Why there are two different compilers and how can I switch to the regular nios2-elf-gcc compiler? Any changes in the project properties? 

**** Build of configuration Nios II for project test1 **** 

make all Info: Building ../test1_bsp/ 

make --no-print-directory -C ../test1_bsp/ 

[BSP build complete] 

Info: Compiling hello_ucosii.c to obj/default/hello_ucosii.o 

ppc_4xxfp-gcc -xc -MP -MMD -c -I../test1_bsp//iniche/inc -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/h -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/h/nios2 -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/nios2 -I../test1_bsp//UCOSII/inc -I../test1_bsp//HAL/inc -I../test1_bsp/ -I../test1_bsp//drivers/inc -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALT_INICHE -D__ucosii__ -DALTERA_TRIPLE_SPEED_MAC -DETH_OCM_PHY_MAX_PROFILES=3 -DETH_OCM_PHY_SUPPORT_DP83848C -DETH_OCM_PHY_SUPPORT_MVL88E1111 -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mhw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -o obj/default/hello_ucosii.o hello_ucosii.cprocess_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, ppc_4xxFP-gcc -xc -MP -MMD -c -I../test1_bsp//iniche/inc -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/h -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/h/nios2 -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/nios2 -I../test1_bsp//UCOSII/inc -I../test1_bsp//HAL/inc -I../test1_bsp/ -I../test1_bsp//drivers/inc -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALT_INICHE -D__ucosii__ -DALTERA_TRIPLE_SPEED_MAC -DETH_OCM_PHY_MAX_PROFILES=3 -DETH_OCM_PHY_SUPPORT_DP83848C -DETH_OCM_PHY_SUPPORT_MVL88E1111 -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mhw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -o obj/default/hello_ucosii.o hello_ucosii.c, ...) failed.make (e=2): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. 

make: *** [obj/default/hello_ucosii.o] Error 2 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you ever build ppc objects on that computer? 

It might be that something in the environment is overriding the makefile assignments.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Do you ever build ppc objects on that computer? 

It might be that something in the environment is overriding the makefile assignments. 

--- Quote End ---  

No I never build with ppc, even I do not know what’s ppc used for. Yes it looks that somewhere in the IDE environment is a wrong flag / define set.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Mak2 

I have the same problem. Did you find where to switch to nios2-elf-gcc compiler 

Thank you 

brunjak
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

@brunjak, Did you figure this out? If not, are you using the Eclipse IDE?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I could figure it out. I've instaled a software which has set a enviroment variable called "CROSS_COMPILE = ppc_4xxFP_.....". After deleting this variable it has worked. Yes I use Eclipse IDE.

0 Kudos