Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

compiler error in application

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I create a new NIOS II Application and BSP from Template “Hello MicroC/OS-II” (NIOS 12.0 SP2 system). I add the altera_iniche software packages in the BSP editor and checked in the make tab the define for cc: “nios2-elf-gcc -xc “. After that the BSP was generated and the BSP build successfully completed with the nios2-elf-gcc compiler.  

A soon as I do compiling the application project its fails, because the IDE uses a compiler “ppc_4xxFP-gcc”. 

Why there are two different compilers and how can I switch to the regular nios2-elf-gcc compiler? Any changes in the project properties? 

**** Build of configuration Nios II for project test1 **** 

make all Info: Building ../test1_bsp/ 

make --no-print-directory -C ../test1_bsp/ 

[BSP build complete] 

Info: Compiling hello_ucosii.c to obj/default/hello_ucosii.o 

ppc_4xxfp-gcc -xc -MP -MMD -c -I../test1_bsp//iniche/inc -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/h -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/h/nios2 -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/nios2 -I../test1_bsp//UCOSII/inc -I../test1_bsp//HAL/inc -I../test1_bsp/ -I../test1_bsp//drivers/inc -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALT_INICHE -D__ucosii__ -DALTERA_TRIPLE_SPEED_MAC -DETH_OCM_PHY_MAX_PROFILES=3 -DETH_OCM_PHY_SUPPORT_DP83848C -DETH_OCM_PHY_SUPPORT_MVL88E1111 -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mhw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -o obj/default/hello_ucosii.o hello_ucosii.cprocess_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, ppc_4xxFP-gcc -xc -MP -MMD -c -I../test1_bsp//iniche/inc -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/h -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/h/nios2 -I../test1_bsp//iniche/src/nios2 -I../test1_bsp//UCOSII/inc -I../test1_bsp//HAL/inc -I../test1_bsp/ -I../test1_bsp//drivers/inc -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALT_INICHE -D__ucosii__ -DALTERA_TRIPLE_SPEED_MAC -DETH_OCM_PHY_MAX_PROFILES=3 -DETH_OCM_PHY_SUPPORT_DP83848C -DETH_OCM_PHY_SUPPORT_MVL88E1111 -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mhw-div -mhw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -o obj/default/hello_ucosii.o hello_ucosii.c, ...) failed.make (e=2): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. 

make: *** [obj/default/hello_ucosii.o] Error 2 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you ever build ppc objects on that computer? 

It might be that something in the environment is overriding the makefile assignments.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Do you ever build ppc objects on that computer? 

It might be that something in the environment is overriding the makefile assignments. 

--- Quote End ---  

No I never build with ppc, even I do not know what’s ppc used for. Yes it looks that somewhere in the IDE environment is a wrong flag / define set.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Mak2 

I have the same problem. Did you find where to switch to nios2-elf-gcc compiler 

Thank you 

brunjak
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

@brunjak, Did you figure this out? If not, are you using the Eclipse IDE?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I could figure it out. I've instaled a software which has set a enviroment variable called "CROSS_COMPILE = ppc_4xxFP_.....". After deleting this variable it has worked. Yes I use Eclipse IDE.