Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

configuration problem in programmer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone,  

I actually have some problem about programming FPGA in programmer. 

When I connect the FPGA in my Quartus, it detect FPGA and I don't have neither compilation problems 

I have also done hardware setup and add file  

But when I press start, the progress is failed immediately. 

I've checked different voltage in my FPGA connection, like TDI= 3.3V TMS=3.3V TDo= 3.3V TCK=0V it seems it's correct, but when I download the program in  

FPGA, it seems these voltage don't react (I think TCK, TDI and TDO should react). 

Could anyone help me. I've spend a lot of time in this problem 

thanks you very much.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

do you program sof file to the device? check nconfig signal. if nconfig remain low, fpga remains reset.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you for u reply, I've program sof file. How could I check, nconfig signal?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What development board are you using? Your own design or a commercial one? 

What programmer are you using? An Altera USB Blaster, or something else? 

The more info you can provide about your setup (when you ask the question) the better the answer(s) you will get.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you cannot download even sof file, you need to check power, POR(power on reset) condition is different on device. So check relevant power. And I cannot under stand TCK is not toggling, TCK is input from JTAG. The schematic for JTAG is correct?

0 Kudos