Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

dtrap - needs breakpoint for simple socket server

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Whenever I run my simple socket server, I always got the error message 

dtrap -needs breakpoint 

panic: pktdemux: corrupt pkt 

ip exit: calling func 0x1141eb30 

..and I never get a chance to debug this problem. Any idea what would be the possible cause of this error message? Please share. 

Thanks, 

Caridee
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There are several messages about this on the forum. The stack developers were too lazy to write real error messages and used this dtrap() function instead. You need to open your application in the debugger, put a breakpoint on that function and launch it. When it stops at dtrap(), go up the the stack trace to see where dtrap() was called from. If you are lucky you'll have a comment around this call in the stack code that will give you more information about what happened.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Daxiwen. That said, this error can be due to many possible situations? From your experience, what might usually be the culprit?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes it can be due to lots of different things, and the debugger is the only way to find out which one it is.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Possibly you could find the 'pktdemux: corrupt pkt' error message and rebuild the code with some extra info printed giving the cause of the error. 

Might also be possible to compile everyting with:# define dtrap() dtrap_verbose(__FILE__, __LINE__) 

and write a dtrap_verbose() that prints the args before trapping.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Guys, 

Did any of you solve this problem? 

I had the same issue when using the Vectored Interrupt Controller. 

I switched back to the internal Nios interrupt and it seems to be solved. 

Nevertheless i am curious why this problem shows up when using the external VIC...
0 Kudos