Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

eclipse does not start from Quartus

nome
Novice

Hello 

I am using quartus 22.1 Linux Ubuntu X64 when we start nios ecilpse from Quartus IDE it will not start 

Maybe we have to add environment variable in .bashrc 

please help us 

Thanks

Nome

0 Kudos
9 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I'm guessing you're talking about the Nios II Software Build Tools, from ver 19.1 onwards we need to manually install the Eclipse IDE components:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683525/21-3/installing-eclipse-ide-into-eds.html

You may follow above steps and it should be straightforward, let me know if you need further help on the installation.

0 Kudos
nome
Novice

Hello
I checked our installation directory's nios 2 and ecilpse is already installed there but when i run ecilpse from Quartus nothing start anything
maybe it environment variable issued 
OR maybe intel Altera doesn't support directly start ecilpse for new Quartus version

Thanks

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I see, could you try running an Nios II command shell, and open the eclipse from the command shell. Does that work?

0 Kudos
nome
Novice
Hello
Yes i checked by using shell command it's working but some icon doesn't show properly
Thanks
Nome
0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Just to confirm, have you run the installation steps below manually?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Any update from your side?

0 Kudos
nome
Novice

Hello

it was a python3 environment issue and I export two different variables

now issued has solved 

everything  working good

Thanks

Nome

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Apologies for the late update, I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
MarcoWu
Beginner

Hi sir:

Could you please to share the mothed you fixed the problem?

Best regards

Marco Wu

0 Kudos