Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

epcs & flash programmer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i have received my custom made cyclone 1C20 board with an epcs4 flash and external sram clocked with 50MHz. Now i want to implement a Nios2 system and i am currently testing the hardware. And there is a problem where i need some help - or at least an idea what else i could try to succeed. 

The problem is - once more - programming the epcs via the flash programmer. The flash programmer starts the download of the sof file, does its read - erase - write - steps, but then there is allways an error at the verify. After hours of investigation and by writing a program for dumping the flash content via rs232, i discovered, that the flash could not even be erased by the flash-programmer (by using the --erase flag at the command line). Using the flash in the c-programm works fine - read, erase and writes are no problem. 

It seams that just the flash programmer can't access the flash... 

Any ideas what i am doing wrong?  

-------------------------------------------- 

Another question - is there a tool to generate a flash file out of the .sof AND the .elf files, so i could burn it via quartus programmer using the active serial - connector and use the bootloader of the epcs-controller? 

thanks  

stonie
0 Kudos
0 Replies