Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12453 Discussions

error trying to build mmu-less uClinux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've seen others getting this error but none of the solutions seem to help me. I'm trying to get an mmu-less uClinux kernel running for one of the de2 example machines. 

When I do 

$make vendor_hwselect SYSPTF=<path> 

I get the error  

make[3]:Entering directory '/root/nios2-linux/linux-2.6' 

make[4]: *** No rule to make target 'hwselect'. Stop. 

followed by the rest of the sub-makes exiting. 

make menuconfig worked just fine before this, and the prebuilt toolchain seems to be working. I have both ../linux-2.6 and ../uClinux-dist on the test-nios2 branch. 

Thanks very much for the help!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I figured out my problem. I had tried to build the kernel before I switched to the test-nios2 branch, and for some reason that seems to have prevented it from building after I switched. I just deleted my nios2-linux directory, and redid everything from the start making sure to checkout the test-nios2 branch before I tried building anything.