Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

error with NIOS2

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Friends , 

My design contains one .sof file and the board i'm using is TR4230 (Terasic) board. This people will give the gui kind of flash program. 

And by using this windows bat file(gui) i have to program the flash using my .sof file . But while trying to do this its showing an error like "sh-nios2-flash-programmer:command not found " .. Please help me out friends . 

Since from 2 days i'm working to resolve this issue and i'm using Quartus 11.1 and nIos 11.1 version .
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you are using a Windows host make sure to open the "Nios II Command Shell". You can find it in the start menu under the Nios II EDS you installed. It uses Cygwin which allows Linux oriented tools to run in Windows.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If you are using a Windows host make sure to open the "Nios II Command Shell". You can find it in the start menu under the Nios II EDS you installed. It uses Cygwin which allows Linux oriented tools to run in Windows. 

--- Quote End ---  

I'm using TeraAsic Board which contains Stratix IV FPGA. 

Thanks . I followed the same step before also . 

The steps i followed are 

1)Opened Nios 2 EDS through start Menu and moved to the directory where i have .sof file . 

2) Now i have to convert .sof to .flash file by using the script  

" sof2flash --input= filename.sof --outpu=filename_hw.flash --offset=0x00020000 --pfl --optionbit=0x18000 --programmingmode=FPP  

After this i'm able to generate .flash file successfully. 

3)Now ,i programmed .sof through JTAG(Quartus ) and it is 100% successfull. 

4)now i have programm flash using .flash file which i created in step 2 

and i used the script  

" nios2-flash-programmer --base=0x08000000 filename_hw.flash " 

But the error displayed is " "there are no nios iiprocessors available which match the values specified. please check that your pld iscorrectly configured, downloading a new .sof file is necessary ". 

please help me out friends . 

aiim
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try running this from the Nios II Command Shell: 

jtagconfig -n 

Take the output and post it here in the forum, that'll tell me what JTAG devices and IP are hanging off the programming cables.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Try running this from the Nios II Command Shell: 

jtagconfig -n 

Take the output and post it here in the forum, that'll tell me what JTAG devices and IP are hanging off the programming cables. 

--- Quote End ---  

D:/a$ jtagconfig -n 

1) USB-Blaster [USB-0] 

024090DD EP4SGX230(.|ES) 

Node 0C006E00 JTAG UART# 0 

Node 19104600 Nios II# 0 

This lines appeared when i type that jtagconfig command
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hmm that is strange because that 19104600 node is the Nios II JTAG debug module. That information means: 

1) USB-Blaster [USB-0] <--# 1 is your cable number, you can also identify the cable using "USB-0" 

024090DD EP4SGX230 <-- this is the device that was found hanging off the programing cable 

Node 0C006E00 JTAG UART# 1 <-- JTAG UART with an instance ID of 0 

Node 19104600 Nios II# 0 <-- Nios II JTAG debug module with an instance ID of 0 

Cable 1 and Nios II JTAG debug module instance ID 0 should be the defaults when you call nios2-flash-programmer from the command line. Perhaps you can try passing in the cable number and instance IDs into nios2-flash-programmer to see if it behaves differently. If I remember correctly the flags should be -c 1 -i 0
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hmm that is strange because that 19104600 node is the Nios II JTAG debug module. That information means: 

1) USB-Blaster [USB-0] <--# 1 is your cable number, you can also identify the cable using "USB-0" 

024090DD EP4SGX230 <-- this is the device that was found hanging off the programing cable 

Node 0C006E00 JTAG UART# 1 <-- JTAG UART with an instance ID of 0 

Node 19104600 Nios II# 0 <-- Nios II JTAG debug module with an instance ID of 0 

Cable 1 and Nios II JTAG debug module instance ID 0 should be the defaults when you call nios2-flash-programmer from the command line. Perhaps you can try passing in the cable number and instance IDs into nios2-flash-programmer to see if it behaves differently. If I remember correctly the flags should be -c 1 -i 0 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks !! 

But now i'm getting error while creating .flash files using sof2flash command..the command i used is  

sof2flash --input= filename.sof --outpu=filename_hw.flash --offset=0x00020000 --pfl --optionbit=0x18000 --programmingmode=FPP  

and the error i'm getting is  

jun 6, 2013 5:33:33 pm - (severe) sof2flash: error creating intermediate files, 

exiting 

please help me out friendss 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos