Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

gmon.out not compiling correctly

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to run the checksum example code from altera for profiling. however after the code is run I am not able top open my gmon.out file. It gives me the error :nios2-elf-gprof: command not found EXIT CODE-127. I followed all the steps the nios profiling pdf. I have a system timer on my hardware and grop-enable ticket on the BSP.  

What can be wrong. 

Thanks fro the help. 

Saru
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to run the nios2-elf-gprof tool from the nios2 command shell. In windows it's Start->Altera <version> -> Nios II EDS <version> -> Nios II <version> Command Shell

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks. It is working now .

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey Galfonz, 

Although they code for checksum(example code given by altera) is running fine with gmon.out being generated but when I try to run it on my code it doesn't work. It doesn't even enter main(). Any idea why this could be ? 

Thanks 

Saru