Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

got this error when using eclipse

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi everyone..can u tell me why i got this error in my eclipse? 

make: *** [proj_Trafflight.elf] Error 1 proj_Trafflight C/C++ Problem 

i already try to solved this error...but it's still same 

really for your repsonse..tq :)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you post more info people are morelikely to find the cause of the error. what does the compiler say before this error is given?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks ROBINKERSTENS92 for your response..im not very sure your mean about the 'what does the compiler say before this error'..but when im try to run it,  

this statement was popup 'the selection cannot be launched,and there are no recent launches'..ermmm
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

a quick google search should solve the issue you're having at the moment. 

If you can post the text you see in the "console" tab, that is the build log of your current project. it will show the places where eclipse is having trouble. see the image below for an example. 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13601
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

actually i got this error when i build the system 

**** Build of configuration Nios II for project proj_Trafflight_bsp **** 

make all  

1 [main] pwd 6044 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com 

0 [main] sh 4184 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

0 [main] sh 1764 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

[BSP build complete] 

**** Build Finished **** 

above is the statement that include in the console tab..really appreciated if u can help me to solve this problem.. :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If you can post the text you see in the "console" tab, that is the build log of your current project. it will show the places where eclipse is having trouble. see the image below for an example. 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13601&stc=1  

--- Quote End ---  

i got this error when i build the system 

make all  

1 [main] pwd 6044 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

0 [main] sh 4184 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

0 [main] sh 1764 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

[BSP build complete] 

**** Build Finished **** 

above is the statement that include in the console tab..really appreciated if u can help to solve this problem.. :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13601&stc=1  

--- Quote End ---  

actually i got his error when i build the system 

make all  

1 [main] pwd 5012 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

0 [main] sh 6516 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

0 [main] sh 8940 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

[BSP build complete] 

**** Build Finished **** 

this is the statement from the console tab in my eclipse..really appreciate for if u can help me to solved my problem:)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What platform are you using? 

At the moment you seem to be using the Cygwin to compile. Maybe switching to MinGW can solve this issue. 

Although at first glance I do not think this would lead to a fail for the build process.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

actually i got his error when i build the system 

make all  

1 [main] pwd 5012 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

0 [main] sh 6516 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

0 [main] sh 8940 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

[BSP build complete] 

**** Build Finished **** 

this is the statement from the console tab in my eclipse..really appreciate for if u can help me to solved my problem:) 

--- Quote End ---  

Its not a big issue. You need to update the cygwin file of the altera software. You can download the newer version of cygwin from the site and update the same on your altera software. The cygwin files are located in the installed folder of the quartus>bin. you need to update both for 32 and 64 bit.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using NIOS II paltform for my project .. do you know the steps on how to switch to Cygwin MinGW? 

because actually I am very new to Eclipse and I'm still in the process of learning to use eclipse ..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am using NIOS II paltform for my project .. do you know the steps on how to switch to Cygwin MinGW? 

because actually I am very new to Eclipse and I'm still in the process of learning to use eclipse .. 

--- Quote End ---  

I guess you no need to switch to MinGW as it will be lengthy process rather you can just update the cygwin files in the Altera software. For this you first need to got to the Cygwin site, download the 32 and 64 bit files and install the files in any drive of your computer. Then locate the cygwin files in the quartus software it will be inside the 32 bit in bin folder and 64 bit in bin64 of the Quartus software. Just overwrite the the cygwin files with the latest files you have downloaded. 

Please let me know if you find and any trouble to update the cygwin files in quartus software.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

tq dipslg89;226139 for reply my question..i already download both 32 and 64 bit Cygwin..but i don't really understand your explanation about this.. 

"Then locate the cygwin files in the quartus software it will be inside the 32 bit in bin folder and 64 bit in bin64 of the Quartus software. Just overwrite the the cygwin files with the latest files you have downloaded." 

maybe i understand but im afraid that im misunderstand it..really hope u can explain it again..:)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i already overwrite the 32 and 64 bit cygwin..but this error was popup.. 

Description Resource Path Location Type 

-O0: g++: command not found proj_NiosIITrafficlight_bsp [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem 

Program "make" is not found in PATH proj_NiosIITrafficlight C/C++ Problem 

is it im doing wrong or i missed something? im really need your help because my eclipse seem doesn't like me.. :p:p
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

-O0: g++: command not found proj_NiosIITrafficlight_bsp [Discovery Options] page in project properties C/C++ Problem 

is it im doing wrong or i missed something? im really need your help because my eclipse seem doesn't like me.. :p:p
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

I am afraid you have installed the file incorrectly. So the software is unable to locate the g++ file. :cry: 

you need to reinstall the software as the files are overwritten in the wrong location. After you install the Altera software again. Install the cygwin for 32 and 64 bit in any folder of your drive. No need to locate the Quartus software while installing the cygwin files as it will be a bit confusing. When you install the cygwin files in different folder of the drive two folder will create name as Cygwin and cygwin 64. First open the folder cygwin. it is for 32 bit. Inside you will see the files as "bin, dev, etc, home, library, cygwin.bat" and so on. Select all and copy the files in the location as altera<version<quartus<bin<cygwin. paste the files inside the cygwin folder of the quartus software, replace the files when a pop will appear. Repeat the same steps for cygwin 64 also. it will be in bin 64 of the quartus.  

And bingo!!!!:cool: 

Let me know if you face any problem while updating the files.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am afraid you have installed the file incorrectly. So the software is unable to locate the g++ file. :cry: 

you need to reinstall the software as the files are overwritten in the wrong location. After you install the Altera software again. Install the cygwin for 32 and 64 bit in any folder of your drive. No need to locate the Quartus software while installing the cygwin files as it will be a bit confusing. When you install the cygwin files in different folder of the drive two folder will create name as Cygwin and cygwin 64. First open the folder cygwin. it is for 32 bit. Inside you will see the files as "bin, dev, etc, home, library, cygwin.bat" and so on. Select all and copy the files in the location as altera<version<quartus<bin<cygwin. paste the files inside the cygwin folder of the quartus software, replace the files when a pop will appear. Repeat the same steps for cygwin 64 also. it will be in bin 64 of the quartus.  

And bingo!!!!:cool: 

Let me know if you face any problem while updating the files. 

--- Quote End ---  

i already overwrite the file..and the previous error already solved but a new error exist.. 

the error is sound like this  

make: *** [makefile:31: proj_traffic.exe] Error 1 proj_traffic C/C++ Problem 

make: *** [proj_trafficlight.elf] Error 1 proj_trafficlight C/C++ Problem 

undefined reference to `WinMain' proj_traffic line 37, external location: \usr\src\debug\cygwin-2.8.0-1\winsup\cygwin\lib\libcmain.c C/C++ Problem 

btw..thank you because help me to solved the previous error..really appreciated your help..and i really hope that if u can try to look for my new error..maybe u have a lot of idea to solve that..thanks once again..:):)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This error is due to the files are not installed correctly. Follow the steps I had mentioned. See in the error. Itself shows the location which is incorrect.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks dipslg89 for your help..i'll try to installed it correctly..:)

0 Kudos