Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

help: nios2 "No project templates available"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there! 

I am a starter of nios2 ide, now I've got a problem in creating a new project. 

I am using the ubuntu10.04 OS,and quartus9.1sp2,nios ide 9.1. 

when I'm trying to create a new project, it would show an error  

"No project templates available at /home/alexander/”/opt/altera9.1sp2/nios2eds”/examples/software" 

("alexander" is my laptop name) 

If I ignore that and finish the name and ptf file directory, the error message would become  

"No project template folders found in $SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/examples/software. Please ensure your environment variables are correctly set." 

In my /etc/environment file, I have set the environment varable like this: 

QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=/opt/altera9.1sp2/quartus SOPC_KIT_NIOS2=/opt/altera9.1sp2/nios2eds 

I have been stuck on this problem for a whole afternoon,please help me! 

thx!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Looks like it is assuming the directories are relative to your home directory instead of the (desired) absolute paths. 

Possibly you can fool it by adding a symlink from ~/opt to /opt however you'll probably find it want to write all over its install tree - so you might need a private copy anyway.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your help, I find that when I install quartus and nios ide, I also configured the .bashrc and when I delete the confing line in the .bashrc file and restart the laptop, it works! 

Thanks all the same.
0 Kudos