Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

hi evryone, can anybody plz tell me how hex data is stored in onchip memory de2-115, because i am reading from onchip memory using nios2 but data is different from the hex file stored in it

rkaib
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Once your hex file is generated in Nios II eclipse, you can use it as initialization file for the on-chip memory. This option is available inside Platform Designer, On chip memory parameters

By enabling "Enable non-default initialization file" you can select your hex as initialization file for this memory.

Thanks

rkaib
Beginner

hi FJumaah,

that 's what I have done, but the problem is that the data I am reading are different from the data of the hex file

in nios2 I am declaring memory as:

#define mem (unsigned char*) ONCHIP_MEMORY_0_BASE, then

I am reading: printf("%d, %d, %d\n\r",*mem,*(mem+1), *(mem+2) );

but the data printed on the console are different if you compare them with the first 3 data of the hex file and I get different data when I power on again the board, really strange!!!

would you have any clue about it

Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

is the data completely different?

I suspect this might be due to Endian issue (Big or little).

thanks