Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12586 Discussions

how can I convert .srec to .flash or .bin?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I use nios2-srec2flash to convert .srec to .flash I get the following message: 

nios2-srec2flash xxxxx.SREC 

flash address: 0x00140000 

ram address: 0x00040000 

max copy size: 0x00040000 

This tool must be run from within an SDK directory, 

or using the --sdk_directory=<dir> switch. 

My question is how to set –sdk_directory and where the sdk directory locate? 

Besides, can anybody please to attach a srec_cat software to me? My email is yfggsitp@gmail.com

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

srec_cat is part of srecord (http://srecord.sourceforge.net/) (on Sourceforge). 

A .flash file is (for the most part) an SREC. In fact, the Nios II flash programmer can program SRECs directly, provided the address offsets are from the base address of the device you're programming to. 

Cheers, 

slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There's a (nios2-)srec2flash that's included as part of the installation.. but I found running it in the nios Bash shell doesn't work 

(  

Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 .) at - line 14. 

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at - line 14. 

)
0 Kudos