Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

how do i get quartus ii 10.X versions?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

quartus ii 10.X version web edition is not available anymore on altera database. 

- why is that? 

- any problem with that edition? 

- have any external link for download? 

cause i wanna discover the modelsim 6.6c. but it need a quartus 10.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera changed the procedure to get older versions of Quartus. You now need to contact them and ask for a specific version and they will give you a link to download it.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

oh. ok. some Q.  

i am new in quartus. so. i heard we can simulate n create vector waveform in quartus ii 9, but need another software for simulation in later version 10 n above if i'm not mistaken. heard of modelsim. but... 

- what's the use of niosII? 

- tried quartus 12 n modelsim 10.0d, but it seems option for creating waveform is disabled. also the 'opimization configuration' option. is there in any way i can enable it for this version? need to create my own vector waveform.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I recommend 10.1 vs 10.0. 10.0 was kind of buggy.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I recommend 10.1 vs 10.0. 10.0 was kind of buggy. 

--- Quote End ---  

oh really. thanks for that info
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

if you really want to create your own waveforms, you need Quartus 9 and its internal simulator. It is rather limited but can be enough for simple designs. 

With Modelsim you'll have to write test benches using HDL instead of drawing waveforms. It is a bit more difficult to learn but far more flexible.
0 Kudos