Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12600 Discussions

how to update DS-5 eclipse?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I using an older version of DS-5 and i wish to update to newer one... when i click the update option, it run for about 20 minutes.. eventually it stops and hang there.. how to update the DS-5 actually?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi supu, my take is just download the SOCEDS complete setup install that come with the DS-5 installer, and not install individually from eclipse or what ever, i feel safer with this as i guess Altera did test the version of DS-5 with package installer.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

do we have special version of eclipse that is only work well with Altera parts? not all eclipse compatible for this purpose?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

do we have special version of eclipse that is only work well with Altera parts? not all eclipse compatible for this purpose? 

--- Quote End ---  

no no supu, the eclipse is actually supports a lot of devices not only Altera, but usually those version which is package together with soceds is the one that is seems more stable as probably tested with the soceds version
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

But how if there is some issue that need specific fix or work around? which can't wait for official SOCEDS releases?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

personal opinion is that, unless it is so critical. otherwise, no reason to update some version which is not tested right?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

citybank is right!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi everyone, we can always manually change the DS-5 version where this is tie to Altera products 

http://ds.arm.com/downloads/ds5-previous/ 

check this out
0 Kudos