Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

hps to fgpa or fpga to hps example use case

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, i am new here, i read the cyclone V hand book related with the bridge for access the SD RAM either for hps direction or fpga direction, i can see that the pre build golden reference is already enable all those bridge as default, so now that any example of the bare metal that i could refer for how to utilize the feature? i tried to search the web there is guide how to use that thing. 

Regards, Jokowi
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, not sure if this useful? got some video demostration. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtmdgnxiwkq
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi power, i came across with that as well earlier, can you help to get a a better video tutorial that is meant for engineers? that video seems is for circus land as telling something that is default in the golden design. and do not even mention how to visit the memory in details..

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, not sure if this useful? got some video demostration. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtmdgnxiwkq 

--- Quote End ---  

crap.. where did you found this entertainment video? :cool:
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi power, i came across with that as well earlier, can you help to get a a better video tutorial that is meant for engineers? that video seems is for circus land as telling something that is default in the golden design. and do not even mention how to visit the memory in details.. 

--- Quote End ---  

ops.. really don't see other tutorial than this so far... hahahaha...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

not sure if you have read the handbook for the utilization for this feature?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

please, where is the example say i want to read the FPGA SD RAM from the cyclone V hps?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Joko, there is some example I the soceds installation folder for similar reference, did you have a look with this already?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

which example that you mean? please guide me...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i remember there is one example is led ligting, under the soceds folder, that is utilize the bridges.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you are talking about the one in the altera installation folder?

0 Kudos