Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

i2c with DE2-115

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello All, 

I found this link http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/i2c_(opencores) where there is an i2c core available (I have Quartus 12.1). But I failed to see any documentation on how to build a qsys component from this so that I can use it in Nios 2. Can some one please point me to the steps I need to take to achieve this? 

Thanks so much for your time! 

Best regards,
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Custom component that you can use in Qsys is already created for I2C Controller.You just need to give the path for i2c_opencores_hw.tcl in Qsys.Follow the steps given below.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks zoomkrupesh,  

Please let me know where is this "Follow the steps given below.".. 

Thanks!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry I forgot to add the stpes. 

Steps are given below. 

(1) Put I2c_opencores_12.0 in your Quartus installation directory->ip directory. 

(2) Open Qsys 

(3) You will see I2C Master(opencores.org) component.You can find it in Interface Protocols->Serial->I2C Master. 

Regards, 

Krupesh
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Krupesh.. It worked for me!