Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

lcd module?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i am a new to nios. i use the stratix board to develop a easy lcd display programm, i see there is a programm named pio_lcd16207.c in the sdk/lib, so i use the functions of this c file , but the lcd either show nothing or display unkown char,what the problem ?the lcd display programm can run in the standard_32 configution successfully. dos my configuration has problem?or cann&#39;t use the functions of the pio_lcd16207.c ,or others,please help!!!! the easy lcd programm is below:# include <stdio.h># include "pio_lcd16207.h"# include "nios.h" 

int main(void) 

nr_pio_lcdinit(na_lcd_pio); 

while(1)  

nr_pio_lcdwritescreen("Hello! This is Nios."); 

nr_delay(1400); 

return 0; 

}
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try un-plugging the compact flash card, if one is present. The CF socket and LCD share pins, so they cannot be used at the same time!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you are new to Nios II then you should probably be using the IDE and the HAL software which comes with it rather than the legacy sdk (which is not recommended for new projects as its not being developed any more).

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you very much ,Jesse! i have done it as you told,that&#39;s successful,thank you !!!!

0 Kudos