Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

lwIP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi to all, 

I have an Altera DE4 development and education board. 

I'm trying to implement an UDP client on my board. 

To do this, I tried to follow this guide (http://www.freertos.org/interactive_frames/open_frames.html?http://interactive.freertos.org/forums/2...) to use the lwIP TCP/IP stack. When I build project, the console output is the following: 

**** Build of configuration Nios II for project lwip_demo **** make all Info: Building ../lwip_demo_bsp/ make --no-print-directory -C ../lwip_demo_bsp/ Compiling alt_env_lock.c... nios2-elf-gcc -xc -MP -MMD -c -I./drivers/inc -I./LwIP/inc -I./LwIP/inc/ipv4 -I./FreeRTOS/inc -I./HAL/inc -I. -I./drivers/inc -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALTERA_TRIPLE_SPEED_MAC -DALT_LWIP -D__freertos__ -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mno-hw-div -mhw-mul -mhw-mulx -o obj/FreeRTOS/src/alt_env_lock.o FreeRTOS/src/alt_env_lock.c Compiling alt_main.c... ... ... ... Info: Compiling echo_server.c to obj/echo_server.o nios2-elf-gcc -xc -MP -MMD -c -I../lwip_demo_bsp//drivers/inc -I../lwip_demo_bsp//LwIP/inc -I../lwip_demo_bsp//LwIP/inc/ipv4 -I../lwip_demo_bsp//FreeRTOS/inc -I../lwip_demo_bsp//HAL/inc -I../lwip_demo_bsp/ -I../lwip_demo_bsp//drivers/inc -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALTERA_TRIPLE_SPEED_MAC -DALT_LWIP -D__freertos__ -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mno-hw-div -mhw-mul -mhw-mulx -o obj/echo_server.o echo_server.c echo_server.c: In function 'prvMySocketTest': echo_server.c:35: warning: implicit declaration of function 'close' echo_server.c:56: warning: implicit declaration of function 'print_ipad' echo_server.c:56: warning: format '%s' expects type 'char *', but argument 3 has type 'int' echo_server.c:56: warning: format '%s' expects type 'char *', but argument 3 has type 'int' echo_server.c:59: warning: implicit declaration of function 'read' echo_server.c:61: warning: implicit declaration of function 'write' echo_server.c:75:7: warning: no newline at end of file Info: Compiling ethernet.c to obj/ethernet.o nios2-elf-gcc -xc -MP -MMD -c -I../lwip_demo_bsp//drivers/inc -I../lwip_demo_bsp//LwIP/inc -I../lwip_demo_bsp//LwIP/inc/ipv4 -I../lwip_demo_bsp//FreeRTOS/inc -I../lwip_demo_bsp//HAL/inc -I../lwip_demo_bsp/ -I../lwip_demo_bsp//drivers/inc -DSYSTEM_BUS_WIDTH=32 -pipe -D__hal__ -DALT_NO_INSTRUCTION_EMULATION -DALTERA_TRIPLE_SPEED_MAC -DALT_LWIP -D__freertos__ -O0 -g -Wall -EL -mno-hw-div -mhw-mul -mhw-mulx -o obj/ethernet.o ethernet.c ethernet.c: In function 'StatusCallback': ethernet.c:44: error: too few arguments to function 'print_ipad' ethernet.c:45: error: too few arguments to function 'print_ipad' ethernet.c:46: error: too few arguments to function 'print_ipad' ethernet.c: In function 'InitNetwork': ethernet.c:65: error: too few arguments to function 'lwip_initialize' ethernet.c: In function 'WaitOnPHY': ethernet.c:83: error: 'TSE_MAC_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) ethernet.c:83: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once ethernet.c:83: error: for each function it appears in.) ethernet.c:101: warning: implicit declaration of function 'usleep' ethernet.c: In function 'xEthernetRun': ethernet.c:143: error: 'TSE_MAC_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function) ethernet.c:193: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void ethernet.c:146: warning: unused variable 'nDisconnectCnt' ethernet.c:143: warning: unused variable 'pmac' ethernet.c: In function 'get_ip_addr': ethernet.c:224: error: too few arguments to function 'print_ipad' make: *** Error 1  

Why it gives me these errors? I have not changed the code. 

Please could someone help me? 

Best Regards, 

Umberto.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For one thing, you haven't defined TSE_MAC_BASE in your Qsys system (this is one of the things the error messages are telling you). You also might want to track the GIT source (https://github.com/engineeringspirit/freelwip-nios-ii) for this project as it appears there have been recent changes (up to around a month ago). 

You should be posting the issues you have to that Github project as well. 

Cheers and Good Luck!