Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

mSGDMA signal undeclared

MichaelV
Beginner

Hello,

I'm a newbie to Platform Designer and NIOS2 and I am trying to add ethernet using the Triple Speed Ethernet IP and mSGDMA with the iNicheStack.

Using platform Designer generation of HDL is successful and add the iNicheStack using tcl-script.

The whole build process is started using make-files including the generation of the NIOS BSP files.

Unfortunately when software is compiled I get the following errors:

alt_sys_init.c:135:37: error: 'msgdma_rx' undeclared (first use in this function)

ALTERA_MSGDMA_INIT ( MSGDMA_RX, msgdma_rx);

alt_sys_init.c:136:37: error: 'msgdma_tx' undeclared (first use in this function)

ALTERA_MSGDMA_INIT ( MSGDMA_TX, msgdma_tx);

In another post (NIOS2-mSGDMA-Ethernet-example ) I read it might be related to the BSP settings. 

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichaelV
Beginner

Additional information from log:

MichaelV_1-1610379130733.png

0 Kudos
MichaelV
Beginner

Hello,

I think it has something to do with missing definition for ALTERA_MSGDMA_INSTANCE in altera_msgdma.h. 

What can I change to get tools to generate files containing definition.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Michael,

For hardware design what if you try to recompile from scratch? (clean project), and for software rebuild and recompile as well. Let me know if issue still persist.

0 Kudos
MichaelV
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your time but recompiling and building does not resolve the issue. 

Since I was converting an SGDMA-implementation to using mSGDMA I did not connect all signals  (interface is a bit different)

I finally resolved the issue by connecting an unconnected signal in Platform Designer.

Apparently some signals have to be connected, while some can remain unconnected.

0 Kudos
venkatasateesh
Beginner

Hi MichaelV Sir,

i am also working with tri speed ethernet like you ,i also upgraded from  SGDMA-implementation to using mSGDMA.but ,i am getting some issue like you .could  you share me  connection image of  your  qsys platform designer with  with mSGDMA and tse ip to resolve issue. i have structed with issue from couple of days 

i am working on

Fpga Series :CYCLONE IV E FPGA ,

tool version :Quartus prime lite 20.1version

here i am sharing my qsys &eclipse error

i am looking forward for your great support 

Thanks&Regards

Sateesh

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Michael_vdV
Novice

Hello Sateesh,

It's been a while, so I'm not exactly sure what I changed. But as I mentioned above a connected an unconnected signal.

In your images a noticed that the descriptor_slave is not connected. Try connecting it to S1 of the descriptor memory.

(See my attached images)

0 Kudos