Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12604 Discussions

‘make gcc elf2flt gdb-host’error in nios2-linux-20120802

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, everyone!  

I have download the files of the nios2-linux-20120802 

./checkout  

There's no errors! Then extra the nios2gcc-20080203.tgz to the 'home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2/bin' 

nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc -v 

# nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc -v Reading specs from /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2/lib/gcc/nios2-linux-uclibc/3.4.6/specs Configured with: /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/../gcc3/configure --prefix=/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2 --target=nios2-linux-uclibc --enable-languages=c --with-sysroot=/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/sysroot/ --disable-__cxa_atexit --enable-target-optspace --with-gnu-ld --disable-shared --disable-nls --enable-threads --enable-multilib --enable-cxx-flags=-static Thread model: posix gcc version 3.4.6  

gcc --version 

# gcc --version gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-52) Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  

git version 

# git version git version 1.7.12.GIT  

# rpm -qa | grep ncurses ncurses-devel-5.5-24.20060715 ncurses-5.5-24.20060715  

I have never faced these problems in the nios2-linux-20100602,but I faced it in  

the nios2-linux-20120802 under the CentOS 5.6. 

The error occured when I input the command 

cd toolchain-build gcc --version git clean -f -x -d # clean on restart make gcc elf2flt gdb-host  

by following the URL: 

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/install_nios_ii_linux 

make: Entering directory `/home/nios2-linux/uClibc' make: `conf' is up to date. CC libpthread/linuxthreads.old/wrapsyscall.o libpthread/linuxthreads.old/wrapsyscall.c:101: error: redefinition of 'msync' ./include/sys/mman.h:97: error: previous definition of 'msync' was here make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/home/nios2-linux/uClibc' make: *** Error 2 #  

Thanks!
0 Kudos
0 Replies