Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12435 Discussions

‘make gcc elf2flt gdb-host’error in nios2-linux-20120802

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, everyone!  

I have download the files of the nios2-linux-20120802 

./checkout  

There's no errors! Then extra the nios2gcc-20080203.tgz to the 'home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2/bin' 

nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc -v 

# nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc -v Reading specs from /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2/lib/gcc/nios2-linux-uclibc/3.4.6/specs Configured with: /home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/../gcc3/configure --prefix=/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/nios2 --target=nios2-linux-uclibc --enable-languages=c --with-sysroot=/home/nios2-linux/toolchain-build/build/sysroot/ --disable-__cxa_atexit --enable-target-optspace --with-gnu-ld --disable-shared --disable-nls --enable-threads --enable-multilib --enable-cxx-flags=-static Thread model: posix gcc version 3.4.6  

gcc --version 

# gcc --version gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-52) Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  

git version 

# git version git version 1.7.12.GIT  

# rpm -qa | grep ncurses ncurses-devel-5.5-24.20060715 ncurses-5.5-24.20060715  

I have never faced these problems in the nios2-linux-20100602,but I faced it in  

the nios2-linux-20120802 under the CentOS 5.6. 

The error occured when I input the command 

cd toolchain-build gcc --version git clean -f -x -d # clean on restart make gcc elf2flt gdb-host  

by following the URL: 

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/install_nios_ii_linux 

make: Entering directory `/home/nios2-linux/uClibc' make: `conf' is up to date. CC libpthread/linuxthreads.old/wrapsyscall.o libpthread/linuxthreads.old/wrapsyscall.c:101: error: redefinition of 'msync' ./include/sys/mman.h:97: error: previous definition of 'msync' was here make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/home/nios2-linux/uClibc' make: *** Error 2 #  

Thanks!
0 Kudos
0 Replies