Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12599 Discussions

missing vstrm_serverd_rddi.exe file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using DS-5 to run a baremetal hello world application. When I am trying to debug it it throws me an error saying "could not find the file vstrm_serverd_rddi.exe file at the specified folder". Please find a snapshot of the error message. 

Please help.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And Target Console, please ? 

My catalog contain this file. And yours ? 

I have periodical the problem with *rddi.exe -- it hang in system processes, DS-5 can't debug application, killing it with restarting DS-5 solve a problem.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

And Target Console, please ? 

My catalog contain this file. And yours ? 

I have periodical the problem with *rddi.exe -- it hang in system processes, DS-5 can't debug application, killing it with restarting DS-5 solve a problem. 

--- Quote End ---  

I am not using any development kit for Hello World BM program. I have connected one end of the USB blaster to my computer and left the other end loose (not connected to development kit). Do I need to connect my computer to the development kit even for the hello world BM program? 

Thanks 

Nitin
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, simulation in DS-5 is not supported, must be used a "hard" HPS + licenses. 

Target Console is window in DS-5, it scrollback I ask.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Yes, simulation in DS-5 is not supported, must be used a "hard" HPS + licenses. 

Target Console is window in DS-5, it scrollback I ask. 

--- Quote End ---  

I don't know how to check which Target console is this but the Target Console window is empty.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My Target Console contain many lines if I not connect Blaster to kit and try debug. 

Give more info please -- what is your OS, version of SoC EDS, where board is used, previously was normal work ? 

If use Altera Quartus II Programmer or SignalTap, JTAG chain has seeble devices ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

My Target Console contain many lines if I not connect Blaster to kit and try debug. 

Give more info please -- what is your OS, version of SoC EDS, where board is used, previously was normal work ? 

If use Altera Quartus II Programmer or SignalTap, JTAG chain has seeble devices ? 

--- Quote End ---  

It is working now. I got the missing file from altera support person. Now when I connect my computer to the dev kit it is working fine. Thank you so much WitFed.
0 Kudos