Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

missing vstrm_serverd_rddi.exe file

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using DS-5 to run a baremetal hello world application. When I am trying to debug it it throws me an error saying "could not find the file vstrm_serverd_rddi.exe file at the specified folder". Please find a snapshot of the error message. 

Please help.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

And Target Console, please ? 

My catalog contain this file. And yours ? 

I have periodical the problem with *rddi.exe -- it hang in system processes, DS-5 can't debug application, killing it with restarting DS-5 solve a problem.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

And Target Console, please ? 

My catalog contain this file. And yours ? 

I have periodical the problem with *rddi.exe -- it hang in system processes, DS-5 can't debug application, killing it with restarting DS-5 solve a problem. 

--- Quote End ---  

I am not using any development kit for Hello World BM program. I have connected one end of the USB blaster to my computer and left the other end loose (not connected to development kit). Do I need to connect my computer to the development kit even for the hello world BM program? 

Thanks 

Nitin
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, simulation in DS-5 is not supported, must be used a "hard" HPS + licenses. 

Target Console is window in DS-5, it scrollback I ask.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Yes, simulation in DS-5 is not supported, must be used a "hard" HPS + licenses. 

Target Console is window in DS-5, it scrollback I ask. 

--- Quote End ---  

I don't know how to check which Target console is this but the Target Console window is empty.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My Target Console contain many lines if I not connect Blaster to kit and try debug. 

Give more info please -- what is your OS, version of SoC EDS, where board is used, previously was normal work ? 

If use Altera Quartus II Programmer or SignalTap, JTAG chain has seeble devices ?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

My Target Console contain many lines if I not connect Blaster to kit and try debug. 

Give more info please -- what is your OS, version of SoC EDS, where board is used, previously was normal work ? 

If use Altera Quartus II Programmer or SignalTap, JTAG chain has seeble devices ? 

--- Quote End ---  

It is working now. I got the missing file from altera support person. Now when I connect my computer to the dev kit it is working fine. Thank you so much WitFed.