Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

mmc/sd problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have generated a uclinux kernel for my custom board. The SD card driver is bast on SPI bus, with 20MHz bus clock. (According to http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/mmcsd). 

I can operate the SD card well after I mount it to /mnt. However, I met a problem. If I umount the SD card, and pop-push it, a Error will come out. I list it at the tail of this thread. 

The case remains even if I change the SPI bus clock to 100KHz. Could somebody help me, please... 

Derek 

"mmcblk0: retrying using single block read 

mmcblk0: error -110 sending status comand<3>mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/wri 

te command, response 0x0, card status 0x0 

end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 103 

mmcblk0: error -110 sending status comand<3>mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/wri 

end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 104 

EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock 

end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 101 

FAT: unable to read boot sector 

mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /mnt failed: Input/output error"
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Supposedly the driver is not notified by the hardware that the card has been unpowered and needs re-initialization. e.g. the NEEK lacks the appropriate hardware for this. I suppose a dedicated i/O is necessary on that behalf. 

When playing with the SD-Card I needed to unload and re-load the driver to re-initialize a re-inserted card. 

-Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I get it. Thank you, Michael.

0 Kudos