Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

my USB-Blaster has never been recognized by nios2-flash-programmer-gui tool.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello!! 

I'm using Quartus II Web Edition(12.0) under ubuntu 14.04. I've met a problem that my USB-Blaster has never been recognized by nios2-flash-programmer-gui tool. 

Everything works fine under Windows, and nios2-flash-programmer-gui.exe can recognize my USB-Blaster cable and program the SOF and ELF file. 

When I do the totally same thing under ubuntu 14.04, jtagd and jtagconfig can recognize the USB-Blaster, and Programmer tool (Quartus II->Tools->Programmer) can download SOF file to the FPGA successfully. 

However, under my ubuntu, When I run Nios II software build tools for eclipse, It always tells me the following error message. 

1. When I I click Run As->Nios II Hardware to debug my Nios II application, there's a configuration window popped-up, says: 

[Target Connection]: No Nios II target connection paths were located. Check connections and that a Nios II .sof is downloaded. 

2. When I click Nios II->flash programmer (to run nios2-flash-programmer-gui), I notice that the "Hardware connection" box is empty, and I cannot proceed. "Problem" box says: 

No Nios II target connection paths were located. Check connections and that a Nios II .sof is downloaded. 

Any solutions?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i meet the same situation.succeed in win ,fail in linux(jtag connection error,but i can download sof file).Where is the salution,,,where?ah~~

0 Kudos