Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
12409 Discussions

my USB-Blaster has never been recognized by nios2-flash-programmer-gui tool.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello!! 

I'm using Quartus II Web Edition(12.0) under ubuntu 14.04. I've met a problem that my USB-Blaster has never been recognized by nios2-flash-programmer-gui tool. 

Everything works fine under Windows, and nios2-flash-programmer-gui.exe can recognize my USB-Blaster cable and program the SOF and ELF file. 

When I do the totally same thing under ubuntu 14.04, jtagd and jtagconfig can recognize the USB-Blaster, and Programmer tool (Quartus II->Tools->Programmer) can download SOF file to the FPGA successfully. 

However, under my ubuntu, When I run Nios II software build tools for eclipse, It always tells me the following error message. 

1. When I I click Run As->Nios II Hardware to debug my Nios II application, there's a configuration window popped-up, says: 

[Target Connection]: No Nios II target connection paths were located. Check connections and that a Nios II .sof is downloaded. 

2. When I click Nios II->flash programmer (to run nios2-flash-programmer-gui), I notice that the "Hardware connection" box is empty, and I cannot proceed. "Problem" box says: 

No Nios II target connection paths were located. Check connections and that a Nios II .sof is downloaded. 

Any solutions?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i meet the same situation.succeed in win ,fail in linux(jtag connection error,but i can download sof file).Where is the salution,,,where?ah~~